Replays Available on Webinar Pages
Remanufacturing Sectors: Office Furniture
1. Hear an overview of the Office Furniture sector.
2. Understand unique challenges and opportunities for the remanufacturing of office furniture.
3. See remanufactured office furniture in action.
Remanufacturing Sectors: Information Technology
1. Hear from an Ewaste company with an overview of the waste produced by the IT sector and how it is handled.
2. Hear about the challenges reman companies contend with when cheap knockoffs flood the market.
3. Hear about how remanufacturing companies cope with rapid technology advances and how they weigh the trade off between new products with less environmental impact vs the lower environmental impact of remanufacturing.
Remanufacturing Sectors: Consumer Products
1. Learn the difference between refurbishing and remanufacturing in the Consumer Products sector.
2. Hear how a company decides what level of effort to put into a Consumer Product before remarketing it.
3. Understand how Consumer Products are remarketed and what impact that has on the sale of new products.
Remanufacturing Sectors: Electrical Apparatus
1. Learn about the Electrical Apparatus sector.
2. Hear best practices and challenges that are similar to, and different from, your own.
3. Discover new ideas that can be applied to your own sector.
Remanufacturing and Industry 4.0: Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
1. Hear an overview of Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence.
2. See applications of these technologies in use.
3. Learn how these technologies can be applied with remanufacturing.
Remanufacturing & Industry 4.0: Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
1. Hear an overview of AR/VR technologies.
2. Learn about the hardware and systems involved.
3. See applications of these technologies in use.
4. Learn how these technologies can be applied with remanufacturing.
Remanufacturing and Industry 4.0: Robotics
1. Learn the state-of-the-art and nomenclature for industrial robots and cobots.
2. Hear the design and application considerations from a leading manufacturer.
3. See implementation strategy and use cases from a member company.
4. Hear the principles to apply in order to evaluate your own potential applications.
Remanufacturing and Industry 4.0: Vision Systems
1. Hear an overview of Industry 4.0.
2. Understand how Industry 4.0 relates to remanufacturing.
3. In this first session, learn about various uses for vision systems within remanufacturing.
Attract, Develop, and Retain the Best Talent in Remanufacturing
1. Learn strategies for attracting the best talent.
2. Identify methodologies for training employees.
3. Create plans for retaining the best employees.
Applications of Polymer 3D Printing within Remanufacturing
1. Become aware of the various polymer printing technologies and materials.
2. Learn about part development and printing services.
3. See applications in prototyping, tooling, fixturing, finished parts and more.
Applications of Metal Printing within Remanufacturing
1. Develop awareness of the technology, machines, and process steps.
2. Understand material options and properties versus traditional methods.
3. Recognize typical applications and limitations.
2020 ACE Awards Virtual Celebration
1. Hear stories of good deeds in manufacturing in a pandemic.
2. Hear about past scholarship winners.
3. Hear the announcement of the 2020 ACE Award Winners.
Understanding the Standards Development Process
1. Summarize the rigor of the standards development process.
2. Recall the objective and the timeline for the upcoming revision process.
3. Describe how you can participate in the process.
Directed Energy Deposition in Additive Manufacturing
1. Understand the use of laser technologies to repair parts.
2. Identify process and material elements that need to be considered to have successful salvage.
3. Recognize the range of potential applications and validation.
The Role of Additive Manufacturing Within Remanufacturing
1. Discover the various ways industry leaders are using additive manufacturing/3D printing in their reman processes.
2. Learn what’s next for this new technology.
3. Find out what resources are available to learn more.
Core Evaluation Process
1. Identify the core evaluation process as defined by PEARL.
2. Understand the four steps used in the evaluation process and the five criteria used in a PEARL inspection.
3. See the most effective inspection method a technician can perform.
Remanufacturing Standard Panel Discussion
1. Identify the 12 points of the remanufacturing process outlined in Section 6 of the standard.
2. Hear how companies have implemented the reman standard.
3. Understand the importance of the reman standard for your own operations.
Design for Reman – Real World Challenges and Opportunities
1. Identify several challenges of designing for remanufacturing
2. Understand the importance of making reman a design consideration
3. See examples of success with designing for multiple life cycles
Interchangeability of Low Voltage Circuit Breakers: Avoiding Potential Pitfalls of Breaker Substitutions
1. List the considerations for remanufacturing a low voltage circuit breaker.
2. Identify common configurable components when substituting Low Voltage Circuit Breakers.
3. Be familiar with interrupting ratings, frame sizes, and more.
Environmental Benefits of Remanufacturing
1. Identify environmental benefits of remanufacturing.
2. Understand how to assess the environmental benefits of remanufacturing.
3. View case study examples that illustrate the analysis process.
1. Recall the plans for the new remanufacturing program at OTC.
2. Outline how the new program was developed between OTC and Industry.
3. Develop similar relationships in your local community.
Digital Product Life Cycle Approach to Remanufacturing
1. Understand the digital impact on the product life cycle for reman products.
2. Unleash the supply chain power for a rapidly growing digital economy.
3. Review theory, case study, and lessons learned.
Redefining Value in Manufacturing
1. Name the Value-Retention Process methods.
2. Understand the various benefits of the different VRP methods.
3. Understand the relative value of each VRP.
Core Management Insight
1. Explore strategies for managing core.
2. Gain insights for handling core efficiently and reliably.
3. Identify strategies for maintaining a sustainable, profitable and successful reman program.
Returns Management Best Practices
1. Understand the importance of the reverse supply chain.
2. Identify the five lenses of returns management.
3. Explore the role the five lenses play in a returns management strategy.