1. Hear an overview of AR/VR technologies.
2. Learn about the hardware and systems involved.
3. See applications of these technologies in use.
4. Learn how these technologies can be applied with remanufacturing.
1. Learn the state-of-the-art and nomenclature for industrial robots and cobots.
2. Hear the design and application considerations from a leading manufacturer.
3. See implementation strategy and use cases from a member company.
4. Hear the principles to apply in order to evaluate your own potential applications.
1. Hear an overview of Industry 4.0.
2. Understand how Industry 4.0 relates to remanufacturing.
3. In this first session, learn about various uses for vision systems within remanufacturing.
1. Learn strategies for attracting the best talent.
2. Identify methodologies for training employees.
3. Create plans for retaining the best employees.
1. Become aware of the various polymer printing technologies and materials.
2. Learn about part development and printing services.
3. See applications in prototyping, tooling, fixturing, finished parts and more.
1. Develop awareness of the technology, machines, and process steps.
2. Understand material options and properties versus traditional methods.
3. Recognize typical applications and limitations.
1. Hear stories of good deeds in manufacturing in a pandemic.
2. Hear about past scholarship winners.
3. Hear the announcement of the 2020 ACE Award Winners.
1. Summarize the rigor of the standards development process.
2. Recall the objective and the timeline for the upcoming revision process.
3. Describe how you can participate in the process.
1. Understand the use of laser technologies to repair parts.
2. Identify process and material elements that need to be considered to have successful salvage.
3. Recognize the range of potential applications and validation.
1. Discover the various ways industry leaders are using additive manufacturing/3D printing in their reman processes.
2. Learn what’s next for this new technology.
3. Find out what resources are available to learn more.
1. Identify the core evaluation process as defined by PEARL.
2. Understand the four steps used in the evaluation process and the five criteria used in a PEARL inspection.
3. See the most effective inspection method a technician can perform.
1. Identify the 12 points of the remanufacturing process outlined in Section 6 of the standard.
2. Hear how companies have implemented the reman standard.
3. Understand the importance of the reman standard for your own operations.
1. Identify several challenges of designing for remanufacturing
2. Understand the importance of making reman a design consideration
3. See examples of success with designing for multiple life cycles
Interchangeability of Low Voltage Circuit Breakers: Avoiding Potential Pitfalls of Breaker Substitutions
1. List the considerations for remanufacturing a low voltage circuit breaker.
2. Identify common configurable components when substituting Low Voltage Circuit Breakers.
3. Be familiar with interrupting ratings, frame sizes, and more.
1. Identify environmental benefits of remanufacturing.
2. Understand how to assess the environmental benefits of remanufacturing.
3. View case study examples that illustrate the analysis process.
1. Recall the plans for the new remanufacturing program at OTC.
2. Outline how the new program was developed between OTC and Industry.
3. Develop similar relationships in your local community.
1. Understand the digital impact on the product life cycle for reman products.
2. Unleash the supply chain power for a rapidly growing digital economy.
3. Review theory, case study, and lessons learned.
1. Name the Value-Retention Process methods.
2. Understand the various benefits of the different VRP methods.
3. Understand the relative value of each VRP.
1. Explore strategies for managing core.
2. Gain insights for handling core efficiently and reliably.
3. Identify strategies for maintaining a sustainable, profitable and successful reman program.
1. Understand the importance of the reverse supply chain.
2. Identify the five lenses of returns management.
3. Explore the role the five lenses play in a returns management strategy.
1. Know your Market
2. Provide Solutions
3. Validate with Third-Party Metrics
4. Celebrate and Share your Wins